The history of the lodge Plosehütte
In 1884 the DÖAV (German & Austrian Alpine Club) section in Bressanone decided the construction of the lodge, which was inaugurated in 1887. The first extension of the lodge Plosehütte took place in 1907. 1923 the lodge Plosehütte – in the course of an expropriation – was granted to the CAI (Italian Alpine Club) section in Bressanone. The lodge was rebuilt and expanded several times, also related to the emergence and development of the ski area Mount Plose. Today the lodge Plosehütte is still owned by the CAI section in Bressanone and is run by tenants.
Amenities at the lodge Plosehütte
Today, the refuge offers an inviting dining room with bar, which can accommodate up to 120 people. Also a traditional parlour (“Stube”) with 40 seats is available at the lodge. A sunny terrace in summer and winter offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the panoramic views and the delicious food. Up to 60 guests can find space in the cosy rooms.